Monday, September 5, 2011

First Week of School

I was going to write about my first day of school, but I managed to miss my first class on the first day so instead I decided to cover the week.  Besides, the majority of my classes this semester only meet once a week.

Monday
MWF 8a-8:50a
Dynamics and Management in Multicultural/Inclusionary Learning Environments TEFB 471

Like I said I missed this class, and honestly it wasn't because I over slept.  I actually thought that this class was at 10a.  Either way I managed to miss my first class of a new semester.  I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

M 12p-3p
Planning and Curriculum Development in the Early Childhood Classroom EDCI 454

This looks like it is going to be a cool class, EXCEPT that it is 3 hours long and at lunch time.  We also received a bag with one of each of the following items and a little saying for what a teacher needs:

A FUTURE TEACHER NEEDS:
  • A Rubber Band -- to stretch yourself to learn each day
  • A Penny -- for heads up good luck
  • An Eraser -- to know that your mistakes can be fixed
  • A String -- to tie it all together
  • A Marble -- in case you think you lose yours
  • Smarties -- to remind you that you really are
  • A Life Saver -- because you will be one for many children
It's a great idea and could actually be modified to a lot of different jobs.

Tuesday
TR 2:20p-3:35p
Structure of Math I MATH 365

This is a class that unfourtunately I have sat through once before.  I took this class last semester and it involves a lot of theorems on how and why math works.  I got bogged down last time trying to memorize the theorems and ultimately had to drop the class.  Good news is I have a different teacher this semester that believes that a more hands-on approach is necessary for this class.

T 5:45p-8:15p
Reading Writing in Middle Grade Curriculum

I am very excited about this class as I've had this professor once before for another class.  She is an awesome prof and she makes the class exciting and fun.

Wednesday
I only have one class and it's the same one as Monday morning 8a-8:50a. . .

I actually made it to this class finally.  The teacher seems pretty cool.  She was actually talking about her time in the middle school classroom and said that when you get there to punch them in the head and let them know who is the boss (Tony Danza?).  *LoL*

Thursday

8a-12p
Dynamics and Management in Multicultural/Inclusionary Learning Environments TEFB 471

This is actually the field base part of the same class on MWF.  This part is a little nerve racking I must admit.  It is getting to a point that I have to start doing mini-lessons and being more involved in the class and while this is ABSOLUTELY what I want to do for a living, the idea really scares the $h!t out of me.

Thankfully that part of the class doesn't start for a couple of weeks.

Friday

8a-8:50a
Lucked out this first week and didn't have class on Friday, but was told (as was the entire class) not to get used to this because more often than not we will have class.


I can do this.  This time next year I will be preparing for graduation.  WHOOOP!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment