Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello 30

This past weekend we (Amanda, my brother & his girlfriend and myself) went down to New Braunfels to float the river to celebrate my 30th birthday.  Amanda's sister and a friend were coming down late Friday evening.

We found this awesome little cottage south of town that could comfortably sleep 8 people (well maybe not all 8 comfortably, but 6 for sure). There was 3 beds and a pull out couch and you all know how that goes. The coolest part was the playground area. They had a bouncy blob thing and a bunch of other cool things that any big kid would love (small kids too).

To save some money, Amanda and I decided to buy and take groceries with us. We also decided to make 100 jello shots to take with us (yea, we made 100 jello shots for the weekend).  We thought it best if we kept the weekend low-key at the cottage as much as possible.

Friday night, the plan was to stay at the cottage drinking beer and eating jello. Amanda and I also had some friends in the area that we were looking forward to seeing (we had met them in Mexico while on our honeymoon, and that's another long story), but they were dead set on heading to the bar and by midnight i had already had to much jello.  Besides I'm not a big fan of bar hopping in an area I'm unfamiliar with. Sorry!  Thanks!  PASS!

So Saturday comes and we head out to meet my best friend (Bert) her husband and some of their friends to float the river.  Of course with this record draught we been having, the river was not exactly flowing. Rather the river was more of a slow moving wide brook, but we manage. We actually were able to float the horseshoe twice, but only after we had to walk back up to where we had originally started.   Not a long walk exactly, but if you have ever floated the river you know that between the water, sun and 'beverages' it turns into quite a hike. Oh and one of the additional friends had recently broken his ankle, so YEA!

Anyways, on the river for a second time we again, very slowly make our way around the horseshoe. After the second go, we were ka-put aka done.

Back at the cottage, we made dinner and hung out and despite it being a birthday celebration, our night was over way before midnight.

Sunday morning we were up early, headed back to CS so I could start back to school on Monday.   The weekend over and the remnants of my 20's left behind.

It's really not the number that makes me feel older, but the countless random acts of stupidity youthful indiscretion that I have no desire to repeat that make me feel my age.

Who knows? Maybe I'm growing up?!?

NAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment