Thursday, August 11, 2011

So where to start? The beginning was way to long ago.


A friend of mine suggested I start a blog as a cathartic release.  She is crazy, because this is not easy. Trying to keep my yard green in this Texas heat is easy, this requires thought.

Well I guess the best place to start, would be with me.  My name is Chuck.  I’ve been married to my crazy, beautiful, talented wife Amanda for just over a year, and I’m about to turn 30.   
Yea, I anticipate your shock . . . it’s crazy!
Amanda is way out of my league.
I totally, 100% agree.
Outside of those basic facts, the rest I’m sure you will eventually learn.

The name of the blog, Anchored Down & Horsing Around, is in homage to my beautiful wife.  
And for those of you worried about the “horsing around” part,
get your minds out of the gutter.

Amanda rides English Dressage, something that she has done for the vast majority of her life and I know absolutely nothing about.  I’m learning, but since I don’t really ride horses this is a very s-l-o-w process.  This is also where anchored part comes in.  As long as Amanda has been riding, she has used an anchor as both symbol and name; and it seemed appropriate in this case as well.
In my spare time I am currently a student at Texas A&M (WHOOOOP!!! GiG’EM AGS) trying to finish up a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. 
I think I’m 5th or 6th year senior, with like 100 years left.
Truthfully, if all goes according to plan, I will graduate fall of 2012 and will forever be 12th Man.  This also means that I need to get my butt in gear and get these final classes done.  It’s going to be a really long year.

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful Blog post! Must you can't say "vast majority" it makes amanda sound really old!

    PS the name is a euphemism "anchored down" =MARRIAGE "horsing around" =yes my mind is in the gutter! cause I know thats what you men think about!

    ReplyDelete