Monday, January 9, 2012

Bone Marrow Donation: Day 2 Injections

Just got the second injections, and if you ever decide or are chosen to do this, ask that the medicine is not fresh out of the refrigerator.  The cold filgrastim burns a little more than at room temperature going in, but I am told that this medicine is a couple hundred dollars an injection and needs to be kept refrigerated.

I'm achy but not in pain.  It feels like a combination of growing pains and the onset of a cold or flu.  I considered describing it as feeling like you've been hit by a car or been in a car accident, but I didn't want to give A (aka The Wife) any ideas.  Besides, the last time that I was in an accident (knock on wood) my best-friend Bert decided to take us for a spin, literally, down I35 during rush hour.  I came out of that one sporting a nice big raspberry on my forehead. 

The wife keeps trying to get me to take a pain reliever, but as I told her, I can handle it right now but may be inclined later.  She however is not convinced and has decided to take her job as my care-taker very seriously.

--------------------------------------------

It's been a couple hours now since the I got the second shot and while I'm still achy the worst part is waking up after having laid still for so long.  It took a couple of minutes to get past the fight that my muscles and bones put up.  Every part of my body is sore especially my joints and lower back.

Like I said before though, I can handle a week with an achy body as opposed to what this lady with Leukemia has had to endure.  On a side note from that, I did learn that this lady that I am helping is not in Texas and where ever she is takes a "couple of planes" to get to.  I think I find out where she is after 30 days.  The wife seems to think it is after 90 days.  I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment