Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bone Marrow Donation: Day 5 Injections & Donation

And so it begins.  We got to the hospital about 8a and by about 9:30a I had received the last round of shots, talked to the doctor again and am hooked up to the aphoresis machine.  I hope I used that right, but if not, I'm talking about the blood draw machine.



They say I'll be here for a minimum of 4 hours, and while I don't mind I already feel bad for A because what is she supposed to do?  Sit here and stare at me?  Well that's what she is doing and it's kinda creepy.

Everyone that has been involved in this process has been great, seriously.  Anytime I've needed anything or had a problem, they have been right on it.  If you haven't signed up yet to be a donor yet, I'm not sure what you are waiting for.  They (Be The Match) go to great lengths to take care of you so that you can help take care of someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment