Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bone Marrow Donation: Day 3 Injections

I've never been so tired and restless at the same time.  My bones ache.  My muscles ache.  I kinda feel like my skin is full, like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man without the cool outfit.  I totally agree., me and that outfit together are a scary thought.

When I am up and moving around I feel better but the muscles in my back start aching and I have to sit back down.  The longer I sit though the stiffer my muscles get and I have to get back up and stretch.  So it's a conundrum.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in pain.  This doesn't "hurt."  I just can't get comfortable right now.

After my shot yesterday, I took a nap and when I woke up my body was so stiff that I had to sit there for about 10 minutes before could get up.  On the other hand, when I woke up this morning I felt fine.

The nurse has already been by today to give me my shot so I'm achy again.

Only 2 more days for me though.  I get another shot tomorrow (Wednesday) and then we head down to Houston to check into the hotel (courtesy of Be The Match) and the procedure will take place Thursday morning.  I'm told that it will be a minimum of four hours attached to the machines and up to eight hours.  Personally, I'm hoping for four.

Geaux Tide? Roll Tigers?
During last night's BCS championship game, I spent half of the time up and walking around and it was not because of nerves.  I really thought LSU would have a better game but outside of that I didn't really care who won.  I just kept thinking that whomever won, either way the Aggies are going up against the BCS Nation Champs during their first season in the SEC.  That's a steep hill no matter who you are.

All I have to say is, WHOOOOP!!! GiG'eM Ags!!!


*On a funny side note here.  Texas A&M is telling Tim Tebow and the Broncos that the "12th Man" is trademarked and that they are not allowed to use it without permission.  Click here for the story.

Be careful Ags.  Tebow has friends in high places 


No comments:

Post a Comment